Consider the many ways you can make a difference through volunteering. Impacting a life, sharing a smile, or touching a heart while enjoying wonderful camaraderie and a sense of community with the patient’s, visitors, volunteers, and staff at Henry Mayo.
Our volunteers commit to a 4 hour shift per week for a minimum commitment of 200 hours over the course of one year or more. Many volunteers enjoy the experience so much they continue to provide years of service and explore new opportunities in assisting patients and staff.
Listed are a few of the many positions to consider:
- Guest Ambassador
- Gift Shop Representative
- Patient Support
- Emergency Department
- Pet Partners Program
- Art for Healing
- Music for Healing
- Special Events
General Program Criteria and Requirements
Thank you for your interest in our program. Due to an increased number of applicants, potential volunteers will be interviewed and chosen at various times throughout the year. As there is a large demand among Santa Clarita Valley residents wanting to enter our program, we are currently unable to accept applications from outside of our local area.
After submitting your application, you will be contacted by the Volunteer Services Department within 12 weeks after receiving your completed application.
In order to maintain the quality of our volunteer program volunteers must meet the listed requirements:
- Adult/College volunteers are defined as high school graduates 18 years and older and required to complete a background check.
- Teen volunteers are to be no younger than 15 years of age with an academic standing of 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Purchase a one or two piece uniform.
- Dedicate to a 200 hour service commitment over the course of one year or more.
- Commit to one four hour shift one day a week.
- Attend a three hour New Volunteer Orientation.
- Participate in ongoing required training.
- Complete initial Health Screening Form given at the time of interview.
- Comply with HMNH Health Screening Policies and Procedures including all mandated annual testing and vaccinations.
For more information about Volunteer Services call .661.200.1500
For more information on the other volunteer opportunities in the Santa Clarita Valley, please visit www.PathwayToMyFuture.org or contact the City of Santa Clarita at santaclaritavolunteers.com.
Our Volunteers Get Involved
Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital’s maternity services is supported by the tireless energy of two major hospital volunteer groups: our Auxiliary, and Home Tour League. Each group has a specific charter, which ranges from volunteer work within the hospital, to getting involved with our new parents and babies.
The Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital Auxiliary
The Auxiliary presents each newborn with baby t-shirt as a keepsake of his or her birth at the hospital. In addition, the Auxiliary volunteers also sponsor the Tyke Hike and Parent Preview classes. For more information on how to join The Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital Auxiliary, please contact volunteer services at 661.200.1500.
Home Tour League
For more than 30 years, the Home Tour League has hosted the Holiday Home Tour, Gala and Boutique to raise funds to purchase specialty equipment for women’s and birthing services. Learn more about the Holiday Home Tour HERE.