Read More Read Less
The care you receive depends partially on you. Therefore, as a patient at Henry Mayo you have responsibilities. These responsibilities are presented in the spirit of mutual trust and respect.
- Provide information, to the best of your knowledge about present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalization, medications, and other matters relating to your health.
- Ask questions when you do not understand your care, treatment, procedures, medication instructions, or what you are expected to do.
- Ask your doctor or nurse what to expect regarding pain and pain management.
- Discuss pain relief options with your doctors and nurses, and ask for pain relief when pain first begins.
- Tell your doctor or nurse if your pain is not relieved.
- Follow instructions for your care, treatment, and pain relief.