HMNH will provide without discrimination, care for emergency medical conditions (EMTALA) to individuals regardless of their eligibility under the Financial Assistance Program (FAP). HMNH will not engage in activities demanding emergency department patients pay before receiving treatment for emergency medical conditions or permit debt collection activities in respective departments where EMTALA applies. It is the policy of Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital (HMNH) to comply with the State/Federal regulations including but not limited to Assembly Bill 774 and IRS 501(r) related to the discounting of patient bills as reflected in the policy titled: The Financial Assistance Program. This program covers medically necessary services. Medicare defines medically necessary care as “health-care services or supplies needed to prevent, diagnose, or treat an illness, injury, condition, disease, or its symptoms and that meet accepted standards of medicine.” Nonprofit credit counseling services may be available in your area or the City of Santa Clarita.
Types of Financial Assistance
- Financial Assistance Program (FAP) Care
- For payment options, please call 661.247.1066
- Eligibility determination may be made through a paper application.
- Eligibility determination may be made through an oral interview; approval may be granted without formal supporting documentation and may include general FAP.
- All open patient accounts will be reviewed for consideration.
View Our Full Policies
Click here to learn about Financial Assistance Program & Charity Care