Patients and Visitors
Visitor and Masking Policies:
Updated July 6, 2022
Visiting Hours are between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Our visitor policies are as follows:
- One visitor allowed per patient.
- The Center for Women and Newborns allows one visitor.
- The Kim and Steven Ullman NICU allows two visitors.
- One visitor per patient is allowed in our Emergency Department.
- Children under the age of 16 may not visit.
- Visitors must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination OR evidence of a negative SARS-CoV-2 PCR test (taken within the past 48 hours) or Antigen test (taken within the past 24 hours) OR Proof of a recent positive PCR or Antigen test within the last 90 days (at least ten days have passed since the positive test date and symptom screening is negative) and will have their temperatures taken upon entry.
- Visitors must check in at the Information Desk prior to visiting to sign-in and to receive a Visitor’s Pass.
- A hospital-approved mask must be worn upon entry and at all times within the facility; cloth masks are not permitted.
- Any visitor who exhibits signs and symptoms related to COVID-19 will not be granted entrance.
- NO visitors allowed for patients who have active COVID -19 illness or those patients under COVID-19 investigation.
- Visitors are to follow CDC guidelines for physical distancing.
- Visitors must check in with Nursing prior to entering a patient’s room.
- All visitors must comply with the Henry Mayo visitor policy.
Please note that all the policies above are required by state of California regulations and are in place to keep our patients, staff members and visitors safe.
The above policie will be in effect until it is determined safe to return the hospital’s standard policy on visitation.
If you have questions, please call 661.200.1128 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We know this is a hardship for many. We apologize for the inconvenience, but keeping our patients safe has to be our highest priority at all times.
For the convenience of our patients and visitors, Henry Mayo offers free parking.
Patients The care and comfort of our patients is our first concern at Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital. We understand that entering a hospital can be a stressful experience, and we have taken every step possible to make your stay easier and as pleasant as possible by offering information about our admission procedures, patient rights and responsibilities, patient privacy, business services, and the discharge process. When you arrive at our door, you can be assured that we will focus not only on the quality of care you receive but also on making sure that our service and attention to detail surpasses your expectations. We hope you find this information helpful and we thank you for choosing Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital for your health care. Please use this section to familiarize yourself with our hospital and related services for patients. Links can be found to the left if you are on a desktop, or below if you are on a mobile device.
Located in the hospital’s main lobby, the gift shop offers an assortment of flowers, cards, unique gifts, personal care items, candy, and other items. The gift shop is staffed by Volunteers and a portion of the revenues are returned to the hospital to support patient services.
For more information, call 661.200.1505.
Wireless Internet Access
We offer patients and guests wireless internet access. Please ask the nurse for more information.
Visitors are welcome to dine in the cafeteria, located in the main hospital building on the first floor. A variety of both hot and cold menu items are available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Afternoon and evening entrees include homemade soups, fresh salad bar, grill menu, and grab-and-go items. A selection of beverages and hot drinks are also available.
Breakfast hours are 6:30 am – 10:00 am; lunch hours are 11:00 am – 2:00 pm; dinner hours are 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm.
Vending machines are available for your convenience 24 hours a day in the cafeteria.
The Pastoral Care department seeks to provide compassionate, emotional and spiritual care to patients and their families and visitors. The Chaplain makes daily rounds and is available 24-hours per day. With your permission, the Chaplain can call your family Pastor, Priest, Rabbi or other religious leader. When spiritual support is desired, please call the Pastoral Care department at 661.253.8443.
For the health of our patients, staff, and visitors, Henry Mayo is a smoke-free environment and smoking is not permitted anywhere on our campus.