COVID Testing for our Patients
For the safety of our patients and staff, every patient who is admitted to Henry Mayo, or who comes to Henry Mayo for an elective procedure, is tested for COVID-19.
Current No Visitor Policy
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we are not allowing visitors in the hospital, with the exceptions noted below (this policy was updated on October 22, 2020):
- No visitor allowed in the Emergency Department unless with minor child.
- Only one spouse/coach allowed in the Center for Women and Newborns.
- Only one parent/visitor allowed at a time in the Kim and Steven Ullman Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Only one visitor allowed at a time for end-of-life and trauma cases. We regret that, for the safety of our visitors and staff, we are unable to allow visitors for end-of-life COVID-19 patients. When possible our staff will attempt to facilitate video visits and provide regular updates.
- A very limited number of exceptions for patients undergoing certain procedures who meet specific criteria. If you are a patient who is scheduled to undergo a procedure, our Scheduling Office will review our visitor policy with you when scheduling your appointment.
This temporary policy will be in effect until it is determined safe to return the hospital’s standard policy on visitation.
If you have questions, please call 661.200.1128 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We know this is a hardship for many. We apologize for the inconvenience, but keeping our patients safe has to be our highest priority at all times.
Welcome and thank you for choosing Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital for your health care. We want your stay or visit to be as pleasant as possible. Here you will find information about our admission procedures, patient rights and responsibilities, patient privacy, business services, and the discharge process. When you arrive at our door, we will focus not only on the quality of care you receive but also on making sure that our service and attention to detail surpass your expectations.
General visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Our patients have the right to designate visitors of their choosing unless:
- No visitors are allowed
- There is potential endangerment to the health and safety of patients and our staff
- A visitor significantly disrupts the operation of the hospital.
To ensure the safety of our patients, visitors and staff, all visitors are required to wear badges and sign in at the Henry Mayo’s information desk. A Visitor Guide with information about visiting hours and general visitor guidelines is available at the main information desk.
For the convenience of our patients and visitors, Henry Mayo offers free parking and complimentary shuttle service Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. For pick-up, call 661.200.1128