Open Accessibility Menu
Open Menu
Foundation Donor Stories

Sheila R. Veloz, Philanthropist & Volunteer | 1942 - 2001

“The Sheila R. Veloz Breast Center is one of the best facilities anywhere. I am living proof.”--Andrea Standley, 2015 Breast Cancer Awareness Testimonial Speaker

The Sheila R. Veloz Breast Center opened in 2003 thanks to the commitment and generosity of benefactor Tom Veloz, the Veloz family and many other generous donors, and the continued support of the community.

Known as one of the best and most comprehensive breast facilities in Southern California, the Sheila R. Veloz Breast Center provides a legacy of "breast health" for our community as a memorial to Tom's wife, Sheila, who lost her battle against breast cancer in 2001.

Sheila Veloz was a staunch supporter of the Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital Foundation's breast Cancer Awareness Program. Her fundraising efforts helped to provide a variety of patient care equipment and services at Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital over the years. Sheila would be proud that this significant focus on women's health continues to encourage early detection and save countless lives.

Designated by the American College of Radiology as a Breast Center of Excellence, the Sheila R. Veloz Breast Center is defined by quality standards and has undergone a rigorous accreditation process including image evaluations by a team of experts.

Since its opening, the Sheila R. Veloz Breast Center has saved the lives of thousands of patients like Kate Brinegar-Cowan, a breast cancer survivor.

For More Information

To support Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital today, click Donate Now. To name a patient room or other area, view Naming Opportunities. To learn more, please call the Foundation at 661.200.1200 or e-mail via the Contact Us form.

Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital Foundation is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our Federal Tax I.D. is 95-3849903. Donations are tax-deductible for the extent allowed by the law. The tax law is constantly changing. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to seek the advice of a competent professional tax advisor, such as a CPA or tax lawyer.