Read More Read Less
What is Aquatic Physical Therapy?
- The use of water to enhance evidence-based physical therapy practice.
- Performance of therapeutic exercise and manual techniques while using the properties of water to un-weight or provide resistance.
What Conditions Benefit from Aquatic Physical Therapy?
- Sprains/strains/bruises • Low endurance
- Tendinitis/bursitis/fractures • Arthritis, low back pain, foot pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome • Orthopedic pre-surgery/post-surgery procedures (with MD clearance)
- Pool depth is 4.5 feet at its deepest point • Full locker room available with showers
- Pool temperature is 82 degrees Fahrenheit • Semi-enclosed pool
- Physical therapy clinic located at the same • Licensed therapy staff facility as the pool