Akbar Hasan Infusion Center
The Akbar Hasan Infusion Center at Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital, which opened in February 2013, was designed with the patient in mind. Walls painted in warm, soothing earth tones and adorned with beautiful photography, natural light, large windows with views of trees, are just a few of the special touches in our infusion center. A full-time, professional nursing staff makes sure that patients receive the best care in the best environment.
Patient well-being was the catalyst that drove improvements for infusion services in the new, 2,000 square-foot space equipped with eight new infusion chairs and staffed by two full-time RNs and a patient care technician.
Henry Mayo’s infusion services include chemotherapy, blood transfusions, and intravenous antibiotics. Treatment time ranges from 60 minutes to eight hours. Registered oncology nurses provide the full range of outpatient infusion services to individuals as prescribed by their physicians. The new Infusion Center accommodates twice as many patients and visitors in more than eight times the space.
To request more information, please call us at 661.200.1425.
Current Treatments Include:
- Blood Transfusions
- Therapeutic Phlebotomies
- Adrenal Testing (cortisol stimulation tests)
- Osteoporosis (Reclast and Boniva)goloi
- Asthma (Xolair)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (Orencia, Actemra)
- Lupus (Benlysta)
- Multiple Sclerosis (Tysabri, Solumedrol)
- Magnesium Replacement
- Autoimmune (IVIG)
- Central Line (port and PICC line labs and maintenance)
* Therapy times vary based on the treatment. All therapies must be ordered by a physician.
- Complimentary WI-FI
- Games, books, snacks and beverages
- Nurse's station
- Large Pyxis medication storage for increased volumes of medication, eliminating wait times
- Windows face trees and grass
- Space for additional infusion chairs that offer more comfort and an integrated table for personal use
- Comfortable visitor chairs, large lobby
- Refrigerator for patient meals
- A consultation room that can be used for multiple purposes, including for physicians and nurses to meet privately with patients and families
- A patient intake process on site that enhances privacy, confidentiality and time-saving convenience
23929 McBean Parkway, Suite 208, Valencia, CA 91355
We are located on the Henry Mayo campus.
For more information, please call 661.200.1425. Our fax number is 661.200.1426.