Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital announces its 39th Annual Holiday Home Tour and Preview Gala for 2019.
In 1981, a fundraising project was established by the Hospital Auxiliary, with Betty Burke as chairwoman, which became the first Holiday Home Tour. In 1982, the Home Tour League was founded to expand the volunteer base and promote participation from the community.
In 1990, a Preview Gala held on the evening before tour day was added to celebrate the Home Tour League’s tenth anniversary. The Gala was so successful that it has become an annual event.
Since its inception, the Home Tour League has focused on fundraising for Women’s Services. To date, the League has raised upwards of $1,000,000, which includes naming two rooms in the Emergency and Trauma Center and a Nurses Station in the Center for Women and Newborns in the new Patient Tower, opening this year.
This year’s tour features a total of three beautiful homes in the community, all located in the Sand Canyon area of Canyon Country.
“Home Tour is excited to announce that we’ve got three gorgeous homes for viewing this year,” said Mary K. Judy, Home Tour President. “We’re in full planning mode for our December 7 tour and our December 6 Preview Gala at Hyatt Regency Valencia. You don’t want to miss this year’s tour!”
Participating home tour decorators include a very special lineup of gifted individuals:
Nina del Valle of Superior Design, Courtney Michaels of CM Interiors, and Bernard Underwood of An Intimate Place/B.U. Designs.
“We are so fortunate to have such a dedicated support group who not only work tirelessly to raise funds for Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital, but who also do it with such style! The Home Tour Preview Gala and Tour is the perfect event to kick off the holidays in the Santa Clarita Valley,” said Marlee Lauffer, President, Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital Foundation. “We are also grateful for the homeowners who generously open up their lovely homes for the tour, helping us to provide quality healthcare for our community.”
- Friday, December 6, 2019, 6:30 - 10:30 p.m.
- Hyatt Regency Valencia
- 24500 Town Center Drive, Valencia
- Homes open for viewing from 5 - 7 p.m.
- Preview the beautiful homes, and then enjoy an elegant plated dinner at the Hyatt. Black tie/festive attire requested.
- Tickets are sold in advance for $150 per person, no later than November 22.
- Visit henrymayogiving.com/gala to purchase tickets, or call 661.200.1200.
Holiday Home Tour:
- Saturday, December 7, 2019, 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Tickets are sold in advance for $30 at select Santa Clarita Valley vendors, at the hospital gift shop and at henrymayogiving.com/tour
- Tickets may be purchased for $35 on the day of the event at the boutique or at the homes.
- No one under 12 admitted. No pets admitted. Event will take place rain or shine.
Holiday Home Tour Boutique:
- Saturday, December 7 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Henry Mayo Center (located on the hospital campus)
- 23803 McBean Pkwy, Valencia
- This is a FREE event offering a wide selection of gifts for sale.
- To purchase tickets or for more information, please visit henrymayogiving.com, or call 661.200.1200.