In partnership with College of the Canyons, Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital will be presenting CARE SCV: Cancer Awareness and Resource Expo on February 25, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center at COC, 26455 Rockwell Canyon Road, Valencia.
In addition to a full day of activities, there will be self-guided educational tours of Henry Mayo’s popular Colossal Colon Museum and Giant Lung Display. A blood mobile also will be on site from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome or you can make an appointment in advance at City of Hope Blood Drive Appointment Schedule.
Representatives from several support groups and non-profit organizations also will be available to provide survivor and caregiver support, and patient resources.
During the program, physicians and other healthcare professionals will make presentations on topics including cancer prevention and early detection, cancer treatments and breakthroughs, and much more. A panel of expert cancer physicians will answer questions during the final session of the program.
To register for the expo, please go to CareSCV.com. Admission and parking are free. For more information, please call 661.200.1311.
Scheduled Speakers and Panel:
- Rena Callahan, MD, UCLA Health
- Sharon Palmer, RDN, The Plant-Powered Dietitian
- Dortha Chu, MD, City of Hope
- Terry Bucknall, RT(R)(M), Sheila R. Veloz Breast Center
- Nancy Ellerbroek, MD, Vantage Radiology
- M. Houman Fekrazad, MD, City of Hope
- Tricia Eugenio, RN BSN OCN, Providence Holy Cross / City of Hope
- Clarke Anderson, MD, City of Hope
- Nimit Sudan, MD, City of Hope
- Rashida Soni, MD, Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital
- Gregory Senofsky, MD, Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital