Roberta G. Veloz Cardiovascular Center
We take the journey with you and your family, providing state-of-the-art heart care while educating you on healthy heart choices that will transform your lifestyle and quality of life.
Heart disease is the #1 killer in the United States. To address this statistic, Henry Mayo has expanded its Cardiovascular Services to include a broad range of cardiac care services. From diagnostic care through minimally invasive interventions to open heart surgery and cardiac rehabilitation, Henry Mayo’s team of specialists put their heart into ensuring the best cardiovascular care, right here in our community.
For someone who has had a cardiac event, a high-quality cardiac rehabilitation can play a key role in their recovery.
The skilled and experienced cardiac rehabilitation team at Henry Mayo provides a supportive environment where patients learn how to make lifestyle changes, including managing both their weight and the stress in their lives, adopting healthy dietary habits and developing a daily exercise routine. Henry Mayo’s cardiac rehabilitation team may include a patient’s family doctor, a heart specialist and a surgeon, nurses, exercises specialists, physical therapists, and dieticians or nutritionists. Each of these caring and professional staff members is specially trained to help our patients recover and achieve their healthcare goals.
The members of Henry Mayo’s cardiac rehab team also take an active role in teaching and focusing on issues such as chest pain and emergency management, smoking cessation, and managing cardiac medications. Heart patients will also benefit from a personal, one-on-one approach to heart health and healing and a commitment to recovery.
According to several clinical trials, participating in a cardiac rehabilitation program can lower the risk of having a future heart attack by 28 percent; reduce the need for heart-related medication; and provide relief from depression, fear and anxiety.
If you've had a coronary artery intervention or heart surgery or you have another heart condition, ask your doctor about joining a cardiac rehabilitation program. Health insurance and Medicare often cover the costs incurred in cardiac rehabilitation.
Below are a list of services provided by our Roberta G. Veloz Cardiovascular Center:
- Diagnostic Testing
- Medical Cardiology
- Cardiac Cath Lab
- Diagnostic Services
- Left and right heart catheterization
- Coronary angiography
- Evaluation of valvular disease
- Intracardiac and intravascular ultrasound
- Interventional Services
- STEMI Receiving Center
- Cardiac arrest center
- Diagnostic and interventional services offered 7/days/week and 24 hours/day
- Coronary angioplasty and stenting
- Clot removal with aspiration device (thrombectomy)
- Plaque removal with a rotating device (atherectomy)
- Insertion of assist device (IABP/Impella)
- Electrophysiology Services
- Synchronized cardioversion
- Device implants (loop recorder, pacemaker, AICD, bi-ventricular AICD)
- EP study/ablation (afib, aflutter, SVT, PVC, Vtach)
- Structural Heart Services
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure (PFO)
- Balloon aortic valvuloplasty (BAV)
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Interventional Radiology
- Percutaneous vascular interventions (both arterial and venous)
- Clot removal (thrombolysis/thrombectomy)
- Plaque removal (atherectomy)
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS)
- IVC filter placement and retrieval
- Biliary Tract/Genitourinary Tract/Gastrointestinal Tract
- Biliary stenting
- Nephrostomy placement
- G-tube placement
- Venous Access
- Tunneled dialysis catheter
- Port placement
- PICC/midline/ultrasound guided IV access
- Dialysis access intervention
- AV graft declotting
- AV fistula intervention
- Cerebrovascular Angiography
- GI bleed
- Uterine fibroid
- Pain Management
- Epideral injections
- CT-guided procedures
- Drain placement
- Chest tube placement
- Open Heart Surgery
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Valve repairs and replacement
- Repairs to the Aorta (aneurysm, dissection)
- MAZE procedure
- Left atrial appendage ligation
You can be confident that we have the right skills, team, technology and expertise available to care for your heart. With faster diagnosis recognition and rapid cardiac intervention, Henry Mayo’s experts can help prevent, treat or even reverse some types of damage to your heart.
For more information, click here.