Consider the many ways you can make a difference through volunteering. Impacting a life, sharing a smile, or touching a heart while enjoying wonderful camaraderie and a sense of community with the patient’s, visitors, volunteers, and staff at Henry Mayo.
Our volunteers commit to a 4 hour shift per week for a minimum commitment of 200 hours over the course of one year or more. Many volunteers enjoy the experience so much they continue to provide years of service and explore new opportunities in assisting patients and staff.
Listed are a few of the many positions to consider:
- Guest Ambassador
- Gift Shop Representative
- Patient Support
- Emergency Department
- Pet Partners Program
- Art for Healing
- Music for Healing
- Special Events
General Program Criteria and Requirements
Thank you for your interest in our program. Due to an increased number of applicants, potential volunteers will be interviewed and chosen at various times throughout the year. As there is a large demand among Santa Clarita Valley residents wanting to enter our program, we are currently unable to accept applications from outside of our local area.
After submitting your application, you will be contacted by the Volunteer Services Department within 12 weeks after receiving your completed application.
In order to maintain the quality of our volunteer program volunteers must meet the listed requirements:
- Adult/College volunteers are defined as high school graduates 18 years and older and required to complete a background check.
- Teen volunteers are to be no younger than 15 years of age with an academic standing of 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Purchase a one or two piece uniform.
- Dedicate to a 200 hour service commitment over the course of one year or more.
- Commit to one four hour shift one day a week.
- Attend a three hour New Volunteer Orientation.
- Participate in ongoing required training.
- Complete initial Health Screening Form given at the time of interview.
- Comply with HMNH Health Screening Policies and Procedures including all mandated annual testing and vaccinations.
For more information about Volunteer Services call .661.200.1500