Every year 130,000 Americans die from a stroke. Every 40 seconds someone in the United States has a stroke and it costs our country an estimated $33 billion annually. Having a stroke can be life threatening and cause permanent deficits that can be very challenging to live with.
In this presentation you will learn:
- What is a stroke?
- Types of stroke
- Stroke facts
- Understanding your brain
- Stroke risk
- Stroke Prevention
- Signs and symptoms
- What is F.A.S.T?
- Early action for stroke
- Importance of activating Emergency
- Medical Services
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
- Differentiating Ischemic/hemorrhagic/TIAs
- What to expect when hospitalized for stroke
- Procedures for treating strokes
- Complications of stroke
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Accredited stroke center at Henry Mayo