There are more than 200,000 new cases of diabetic neuropathy per year. This condition
most often affects the legs and feet. For some people, symptoms are mild. For others,
symptoms can be painful, debilitating, and even fatal. This class will simplify the
complexities of diabetic neuropathy and will help you understand this disease process
Topics to be covered will include:
- What is diabetic neuropathy
- Types of diabetic neuropathy
- Symptoms of diabetic neuropathy
- When to see the doctor
- Causes of diabetic neuropathy
- Risk factors and complications
- Preparing for your doctor’s appointment
- Tests and diagnosing diabetic neuropathy
- Is there a cure?
- How to slow this disease down
- Pain relief caused by diabetic neuropathy
- Managing complications
- Lifestyle changes
- Alternative therapies
- Coping and support
Classes occur every third Monday of the month from 2:00pm to 3:00pm.
Education Center at Henry Mayo Fitness and Health
24525 Town Center Drive, Valencia, CA 91355
This event is free to the community.