This class is about healthy eating for cancer prevention/survival. It is also for people who may be struggling with treatment side effects, such as nausea, vomiting and weight loss.
- Cancer incidence and nutrition
- Research about the role of diet in cancer prevention
- Organic versus non-organic foods
- Food labeling
- Artificial sweeteners
- How the body uses sugar
- Myths and facts regarding food and cancer
- Techniques to assist with weight management
- The importance of food safety during cancer treatment
- Symptom management for cancer treatment side effects.