Every 43 seconds, someone in the United States has a heart attack. Coronary artery disease is the main cause
for heart attacks. In this class you will learn valuable tools to help prevent a heart attack. If you are a heart
attack survivor you will learn important ways to care for yourself.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Facts and statistics
- What is a heart attack
- Preventing a heart attack
- What is cholesterol?
- What should my cholesterol numbers be?
- Symptoms of a heart attack
- Heart attack symptoms unique to women
- Diagnosing a heart attack
- Immediate treatment for a heart attack
- Advanced treatments for a heart attack
- Devices to help your heart during heart attacks
- Complications of heart attacks
- Medicines for post heart attack care
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Life after a heart attack
- Post heart attack nutrition
- Lifestyle changes and their benefits
- When to return to work and driving
- Physical activity recommendations
- Emotional health and well-being