Henry Mayo is a 238-bed, not-for-profit community hospital and trauma center. Your family can count on us for critical life-saving services and specialized care when quality of life, comfort, safety and compassion are important to you and your loved ones. Our emergency department is open 24-7 to serve you, and a panel of physicians, both specialists and sub-specialists, are available around the clock for your most critical needs.
We also provide a wide range of care through a number of services: a popular maternity department, lactation support, and childbirth education program, highly respected community hospital cancer program, advanced primary stroke center, spine and joint program, an acute rehab unit which helps individuals regain their independence, growing cardiovascular services, outpatient wound care services, highly attentive physical and occupational therapies, and a wide range of inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
Henry Mayo's outstanding affiliated medical staff is comprised of physicians whose expertise ranges across more than 71 specialties and subspecialties. These physicians, along with hospital clinical and support staff, are adopting new information technologies and continually enhancing care to improve outcomes and service for you and your family.
The patient care teams who come to work here every day are dedicated to transforming your expectations of our hospital to the highest possible level – with you and your family in the center of all that we do.
Please note: our financial statements are presented for convenience and information purposes only, and while reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the integrity of such information, they should not be relied on. A copy of our printed financial statements will be provided on request. To request a copy please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Established: 1975
- Current Size: 238-Bed Acute Care Hospital
- Accredited by: The Joint Commission
- Dedicated Medical Staff: Over 480
- Talented Employees: Over 1,900
- Helpful and Highly Skilled Volunteers: Over 300
Honors and Accolades:
Henry Mayo is proud to have received prestigious accreditations and recognition in a multitude of specialty designations for excellence in medicine and healthcare delivery. These include:
- Joint Commission Accredited Hospitals Organization Certification
- Level II Trauma Center verified by the American College of Surgeons
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center awarded by the Joint Commission
- Baby-Friendly Designation from the World Health Organization and the United Nations Children’s Fund
- American Heart/Stroke Association Get with the Guidelines Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award for Stroke
- Community Cancer Program Accreditation by the Commission on Cancer
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence Accreditation by the American College of Radiology
- Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence awarded by the National Consortium of Breast Centers
- CT Imaging Accreditation by the American College of Radiology
- Nuclear Imaging Accreditation by the American College of Radiology
- Clinical, Pathology and Pulmonary laboratories Accreditation by the College of American Pathologists
- American Association of Blood Banks Accreditation by Clinical Laboratory Transfusion Activities
- Continuing Medical Education Program Accreditation by the Institute for Medical Quality
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) by the Los Angeles County Emergency Medical Services Agency
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Program Accreditation by the American College of Radiology
- Silver Medal of Honor awarded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in recognition of Organ Donation Rates
- STEMI Heart Attack Receiving Center
- Accreditation in Echocardiography in the areas of adult transthoracic by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission
- Most Wired Hospital Designation
- Joint Commission Centers of Excellence for Knee, Hip, Shoulder Replacement, and Spine Surgery
- Palliative Care Program Certification by The Joint Commission
Henry Mayo is pleased to inform you that our hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and has been awarded its Gold Seal of Approval™. This agency serves to help ensure and monitor the quality and safety of patient care in hospitals and their clinics. Our hospital is committed to providing safe and quality care to all patients served.
If you feel the care provided has in any way compromised patient safety or failed to meet accepted quality of care standards, please do not hesitate to contact our Quality Improvement Department at 661.200.1430. We will endeavor to address your concerns as promptly as possible. If after contacting us, you feel we still have not adequately addressed your concerns, please feel free to contact The Joint Commission by calling 800.994.6610 or writing to: Office of Quality Monitoring, The Joint Commission, One Renaissance Boulevard, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181