Spine care at Henry Mayo involves more than just surgery. It is a collaboration by our team to ensure coordinated treatment and care of our patients. Our program is comprised of a multidisciplinary team of highly skilled healthcare providers committed to providing exceptional care to help patients through surgery and on to the road to recovery. We will provide you with post –care information and will work with you after your discharge.
Our Spine Care Team:
- Surgeons, including neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons who specialize in degenerative spine, spinal deformity, trauma and other spine care.
- A dedicated nursing staff with expertise caring for surgical spine patients. This includes a nurse case manager who works closely with patients, surgeons, and other care providers, as well as insurance carriers to help secure home medical equipment such as walkers, bedside commodes and hospital beds.
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapists who work diligently to support patients in their recovery.
- A spine clinical navigator whose role is to educate and guide spine patients and their families through their surgical experience to recovery and providing access to resources after discharge.
- A group of dieticians to ensure proper nutrition to promote healing.
- Knowledgeable pharmacist who deliver safe, effective and therapeutic medications to aid recovery, including a customized pain medication program.
- Social workers who perform assessments to determine patients’ support system, coping skills and needs. They are also available to family members and loved ones, as is our in-house chaplain, who offers spiritual counseling and emotional support.
For more information, call (661) 200-BACK or (661) 200-2225.